The Service

Who is the service for?

The service is for anyone who wants help with an alcohol or drugs problem. We also offer support to families and those people looking after someone who might be having problems with alcohol or drugs.

The service that we offer is for people aged 19 and over living in Wigan or Leigh.

If you are under 19 and need help we have a specialist service that works just with young people.

What do we need from you?

To help you we need to talk to you about your drinking or drug use. So if you phone us or call in at the service we need you to be clear headed. You must be able to answer our questions. That way we can get you the help you need. You can bring someone with you.

What do we offer?

Advice and support
By supporting you with information, advice and practical help we can help you look at, think about, and begin to deal with your alcohol or drug use.

If you need a higher level of support, we will carry out an assessment to work out what kind of service you need.

If you need medical help we will help you with this. This might be at the service or in hospital.

Care and support
All those people working at the service are on hand to help you every step of the way. They understand how difficult it might be for you and your family to make a change.

What will you get?

You will receive support and care that is planned just for you. We will not judge you. Everyone is treated equally. We will help you to keep to the goals you have set yourself. This might mean we involve other services. We will do this with you.